We are a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization dedicated to the rescue, treatment, and placement of Siberian Husky dogs. We are an all volunteer (unpaid) organization that rescues Siberian Huskies because we love the breed. Monetary support of the rescue comes from our own pockets and donations made by our supporters. All donations go to the dogs!
We are a foster home based rescue. We do not have a facility to visit. We show dogs to APPROVED adopters only.
Our founder, April, has been a husky lover and owner for 10 years. In March 2011, she saw an opportunity to help Siberian Huskies in Alabama. Our first dog, Pushkin, was going to be euthanized in a local shelter for no reason other than space. He's a wonderful dog, and April knew she could find a loving home for him. Therefore, she started Alabama Siberian Husky Rescue, pulled Pushkin from the shelter, had him fully vetted, and found him a loving and caring home. Since that time, ASHR has continued to help Siberian Huskies in Alabama. We continue to grow with wonderful and supportive volunteers, engaged adopters, and community involvement. Become a part of our ASHR family! Volunteer, Foster, Adopt!
Our adoption policies:
- dogs must live indoors with the family and be treated as a member of the family
- all current pets must be up to date on recommended vaccinations, be spayed/neutered, and on heartworm prevention (dogs)
- applicants must be atleast 18 years old
- a home visit will be performed for all adoption/foster applicants
- adoption to out-of-area applicants is permitted provided the adopter is willing to travel to Trussville, Alabama to meet and adopt the dog. We do NOT ship dogs.